Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

INTERESTED IN A LOCAL CHAPTER OF THE WELL ARMED WOMAN?

 

Sig Sauer P238: We the People (my new gun)

  I have been following a group called The Well Armed Woman: Where the Feminine and Firearms Meet. As a woman who has only recently become interested in gun ownership, I have a lot to learn, and I feel that I learn something new every day from this group. Their web address is http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/
  I did a search to look for a local chapter only to find that there isn't a chapter in MD, WV, or in PA (only one in Erie). I am in contact with many Conservative woman and I have noticed that, like me, they are interested in buying their first gun and most want to take a class. While I was planning the Western Maryland Day of Resistance, I learned that there are many women in the tri-state area who already own guns and are quite knowledgeable not only about guns but also 2nd Amendment issues. 
  I started to wonder if there is an organization that reaches out specifically to women gun-owners. I really like this organization because like their website states, they aim: 
"to educate, equip, and empower you as a woman gun owner...to provide everything you need to make well informed decisions about the role of firearms in your life whether you are a new or experienced gun owner...and also to provide a much needed sense of community to this growing but often ignored group of women."  
   That is exactly what I have been looking to find! I love the fellowship of interesting and intelligent women. I would like nothing more than to share my new journey into firearm ownership and use with a group of like-minded women. I would like to add an element of 2nd Amendment activism to the mission of a local chapter, if possible.
   Now as I said, I am new to this and trying to learn all that I can as quickly as I can. My experience and strengths are rather in organizing, promoting, and motivating others with like-interests, community organizing, and political activism. I also like to write about issues that interest me. If there is enough interest to start a local chapter of TWAW, it will take at least a few women to join me who are more experienced than I in gun-ownership and everything that entails. 
   I have started a poll on the Facebook page for The Western Maryland Day of Resistance (https://www.facebook.com/WesternMarylandDayOfResistance). I am attempting to measure the interest and hopefully entice a few well-armed women to join me in the development of this group. Please take the poll and invite your mother, sisters, daughters, nieces, and friends to take the poll so that we can get a measure of the interest in this area for a new chapter. Go to The Well Armed Woman website (http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/and study it closely to see if it is something that you would be interested in and encourage others to do so.
   I figure that I have nothing to lose by asking!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND CONSIDERATION. 



The Liberty Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments! It seems that it is a difficult process to comment here...but please try to get them posted. All feedback, positive or negative, will be considered. PLEASE pass this link on to anyone that you think may appreciate reading this blog. http://liberatedconservativewoman.blogspot.com

Thank you!